OUR DESIRE IS TO BECOME
WHOLEHEARTED FOLLOWERS OF JESUS.
We are a spiritual family on a mission.
Roseville Covenant Church is a sixty-year-old congregation located just north of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. We are one of approximately 900 congregations of the Evangelical Covenant Church, a rapidly growing, multi-ethnic denomination in the United States and Canada with ministries on five continents of the world.
Roseville Covenant draws people from a broad region of northern suburbs in the Twin Cities and offers a wide variety of ministries to help people of all ages become followers of Jesus Christ. There are many opportunities for people to serve Christ with their talents and gifts in short- and long-term ministry projects in our local community and around the world, especially Africa, Asia and South America.
We gather on Sunday mornings for two services: a First Service (a blend of traditional worship order with hymns and a contemporary Praise band) and a Second Service (a Praise and Prayer style worship with the same sermon and scripture focus as in the First Service,) to share God's word through preaching, scripture and music in a variety of styles that bridge generational and cultural gaps.
Founded in 1885 by Swedish immigrants, the Covenant denomination values the Bible as the Word of God; the gift of God’s grace and the deep spiritual life that comes through faith in Jesus Christ. We desire to extend God’s love and compassion to a hurting world with the strength that comes from unity within diversity.
The Evangelical Covenant Church of America (ECC) rooted in the Protestant Reformation, biblical instruction of the Lutheran Church of Sweden and the great spiritual movements of the nineteenth century, Affirm:
1. The centrality of the Scriptures, the Old and New Testaments, as the authoritative Word of God and the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine, and conduct.
2. The necessity of “new birth” in Jesus Christ for eternal life, and the importance of an ongoing, growing spiritual relationship with Christ.
3. A commitment to the whole Gospel which drives us to evangelism, mission work, and ministries of compassion and social justice, bridging the boundaries of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, age and status. This commitment flows from Jesus’ Great Commandment to love God with our whole being and our neighbor as we do our self, and from his Great Commission for us to make disciples of all nations. (Matt. 22:37-40; 28:18-20)
4. The Church as a fellowship of believers who share new life in Christ. All are always welcome; membership is by confession of personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
5. The ministry of the Holy Spirit, who calls the church into being, empowers its witness, guides its mission, and supplies the gifts needed by the Church and its members to exalt Christ.
6. The reality of freedom in Christ, who delivers us from the power of sin and moves us by His grace into a whole new experience of obedience and life. This freedom allows for differences of opinion in “secondary” matters of doctrine, interpretation, and practice within the context of biblical authority.
Want to know more about what we believe?
Check out the Covenant's Statement of Faith
At Roseville Covenant Church, we use the Lead Team model for governing the affairs of the church. Members of the Lead Team are chosen and elected from among our membership by our congregation to discern and develop the mission vision of the church, and oversee its spiritual welfare. Together the Lead Team seeks to provide insight and oversight of the ministries and business affairs of the church.
Have a question or comment for the Lead Team? Contact them at email@example.com.
Current members of our Lead Team are:
• Paul Hartmark, Co-Chair
• Bobbie Ericson, Co-Chair
• Nick Lindberg, Vice Chair
• Sean Killackey, Secretary
• Ingrid Noble, Financial Officer
• Jon Holter
• Rev. Mark Hovestol, Lead Pastor
• Steve Mathison
• Wendy McDonald